Tuesday, April 22, 2008

To get into flow I… -Kerry

-have to drink several cups of boiled water with one green tea bag (organic, because I am in Ashland) that I leave in the bottom of the cup, hoping it will give me somewhat of a caffeine buzz since I’m officially “off” caffeine.
-have completed my workout, on most days this translates to walking my children a mile to school (a very long, arduous mile in their definition).
-have complete quiet, which means that all three kids are in school and day care.
-have ritualistically eaten breakfast (egg and veggie omelet) and taken my list of worries out of my head and onto paper.
-wrestle with the distraction of the internet, which is readily available to me on my laptop as I write. I am seduced momentarily by a local news article, then I check my email, look at my bank account, read about a new diet, then suddenly flagellate myself for getting off course. I’m supposed to be writing a query letter, instead I’m websurfing.
-Finally, when I do start to write, my head fills with thoughts so quickly my fingers can’t fly fast enough. I am finally hooked, eyes on the screen, absorbed, happy for now….

No comments: