Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Eightieth Birthday, Three Doctors Visits and One New Headlight Later --Kerry

Missing coffee talk with LWC's right now. The mostly calm moments in the SOU sanctuary punctuated by occasional laughter or sarcastic comments seem so serenely remote to me as I complete one of the most frantic weeks of my life since perhaps the week before my wedding. The brief highlights include:
-throwing a party for sixty on the grounds of Argyle winery's garden where most of the children thought it would be fun to eat in the dirt in their new clothes in the Laurel hedge and all the ice melted.
-taking Max to the doctor's office twice and the hospital once for a nasty virus, a punctured eyeball (accidently, by my fingernail), and a nasty gash in the knee from falling on a branch - which required ten stitches.
-replacing a broken headlight which promptly quit functioning later that evening followed by a blowout with a tire the next day, which had to be changed by a complete, albeit polite, stranger.
Writing? Contemplating?
Neither.
But looking forward to both.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry-Thanks for the perspective. I thought my life was the only one that was insane.

I'll have to ask Daniel how many stitches he got when James opened up his shin with a scooter.

The party sounds like a hit. Kids love rolling around in the dirt.

Marcia

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we just want life to leave us alone for a bit, yes?