Sunday, June 22, 2008

W_iting -- Jennie


So, I wrote a book. Two books, actually.

When people find out, they’re amazed.

Why? I wonder. It wasn’t difficult.

The hard part has been selling the thing(s). I’m now one month into pitching to agents and editors. Not the fun part. I’m biting my nails and watching reality TV and checking my email every five seconds while The Business pours over my
manuscript(s), deciding my fate.

This has made me realize: It might seem as though there’s a vast distance between “wRiting” and “wAiting.” Really, though, it’s just one letter space.

A big RRRRR!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patience, my pirate.

Anonymous said...

There are other words ending in ing that express frustration, but I like how you cleverly avoided writing them. Just writing the book really was a big accomplishment in itself. Don't forget that.