Thursday, October 16, 2008

How Orwellian...

Jay Asher just put up a funny post about senior photos, and challenged one and all to scan in their own. Having recently cleaned out our storage unit, I knew exactly where mine was. So here for your amusement is:

Christine Marie Gersich
Ashland Senior High class of 1984

To get my "mall bangs" that poufy and my side rolls just right I used a round hairbrush the size of a kielbasa and a LOT of Aqua Net. I'd like to say I've made a radical departure from this look, but if you glance at my blog photo you'll see that in nearly 25 years I haven't made a whole lot of progress in hairstyle or makeup scheme. (Although a friend did finally pry the Lancome Electric Blue Eyeliner from my hands in 1989. But hey, I gave it a good run.)

As John Cougar Mellencamp said so profoundly: Hold on to 16 as long as you can/Changes comin round real soon make us women and men...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, you're brave. Teach me how to put the photos on the blog, and I'll post my absolute disaster.

As far as holding on to sixteen! Girl you have it all over your sixteen year-old self now. And it is not the photoshop that gives you your current sparkle.

M

Anonymous said...

At least both your shoulders are clothed in yours. Oh man, I'm blushing even now thinking of mine.
J