Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Writer's Guide to Cheap Pampering--Kerry

I admit it, I color my hair. Although I did profit when I wrote my book, the freelance market has been a little sparse lately. So my haircare and healing arts indulgences had to be creative. Here's the breakdown on the writer's way to pampering at a fraction of the normal market price:

Medford School of Beauty hair color: $45
People's Choice Acupuncture: $20 - $40
Zia organic cosmetics and aveda shampoo at Grocery outlet: $10
Annie's pizza and frozen lunches at Grocery outlet: $3 -$5
20 minute massage at Endless Massage with clothes on: $20
15 minute massage at YMCA: $15
Ralph Lauren polo shirt at Goodwill: $5.99

And then of course there's the ultimate pampering for the kids, a cardboard box that they draw all over and gradually destroy: free and really, why buy toys?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Kerry,

I got the Zia Brilliance Toner at the G.O. and just picked up Eye cream for three bucks!!!

We'll have to think of some chi-chi name for the "GO".

I've got it. We could call it "Allez". Let's Go!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mais oui! Allez-vous!

Kelly Hudgins said...

Lawdy I miss the "Allez."

Luckily, my Texas color gal is less than half my dear, dear Edythe was.

And I've discovered a chain massage franchise, Massage Envy, that does one hour nekkid massages for $39 on a splurge.

Alas, my only decent food options are the far, far away overpriced Whole Foods or Central Market. Weep for me, oh ye of lovely produce!

Thank goodness the fundamentals of the economy are strong!