Thursday, November 20, 2008

You're Going Down, cuteoverlaod.com!

As soon as I get things organized here I’ll be moving to Central Sulawesi. This just in:

“Mouse-sized primates called pygmy tarsiers, not seen alive in 85 years, have come out of hiding from a mountaintop in a cloud forest in Indonesia.”

Tarsius pumilus fulfills all my dream qualities:
Absurd – check
Cute – check
Fluffy – check
Miniature – check
Big-eyed – check check

I'm planning on starting an All Pygmy Tarsier All The Time website, which will surely eclipse the reigning Cute Overload in the absurd fluffy miniature big-eyed cuteness website department.

Who's with me, people? Anyone? Let me allow the tarsiers to speak for themselves:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

During the summer, I read in NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC that 125,000 lost gorillas were found in the Congo. And now these adorable mini-mammals are coming out of hiding? Wow! All good news, after so much depressing environmental stuff...

Christy Raedeke said...

I'm sure those gorillas didn't consider themselves "lost" while roaming their jungle!

Anonymous said...

Since you are selective with the word cute I always pay attention to when you use it. These things deserve the moniker, I agree.
KMB

Anonymous said...

I could have edited that last comment more effectively....KMB