Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Moment --Christy

I'm not someone who is comfortable positioning the spotlight directly on myself, but I have to remember that this is the blog of a writer's group and writers will, at some point, have monumental moments. My moment was last night, when my book's website went live.

Click here to see it.

I was a very difficult client for my long-suffering web-tastic husband who put this site together. I had to have it just so: I wanted hot Mexican colors; a unique but not kitschy sans serif font; a universal symbol (the ouroborus) rendered by a Central American culture (the Aztec) but made to look like a Chinese chop. Yes, I am annoyingly particular! But he did an amazing job.

The book won't be out for a year, but book selling starts far in advance of publication. This is the "grown-up" version for sales force, booksellers, librarians, and educators - we'll make the site a bit more teen friendly once we're closer to the release date. Thanks for checking it out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's edgy, and so tech-savvy! The perfect refection of its character.

Simply cannot wait to see this miracle unfold completely.

Thanks for taking us with you!

Anonymous said...

Yahoooo! I love the black backround, the graphics and everything about it.
Hope you're feeling like a real live author now, because you are.
Congratulations!I'm ready to come to your first book signing anywhere in Portland or the Pacific Northwest for that matter.

Kelly Hudgins said...

FABBY!

Anonymous said...

So Professional. You're an inspiration.

Marcia

Christy Raedeke said...

Thanks, Lithia Writers! You're too kind.